Because I do.
Maybe I'll write a real post later. Maybe.
P.S. Did I miss the day when everyone got taught these stupid "adult" things that happen to people? Did I miss training? Did the bus leave without me?
And, a metaphor: Being new to an adult and an employee makes me feel as such:
Let's pretend I don't know how to swim. I feel as though all of my "superiors" or those who are "experienced" have thrown me into this pool of work/adulthood and are simply telling me how to swim. They aren't throwing me any life preserver, they certainly aren't going to fucking jump in and pull me to the side. As a matter of fact, they keep tying these weights to my ankles (heavy weights that say ha, ha student loans! and you can't afford health insurance, bitch! and everyone has a boyfriend but you!), and the superiors/experienced persons are like, stay up! It's fucking easy! Everybody does it! NO YOU JUST HAVE TO TRY NOT TO DROWN HARDER.
3 comments:
That's what friends are for Jean. We're your life preservers and we'll keep you afloat. You just sometimes gotta tell us you're sinking sometimes when we don't notice fast enough.
If I had your new address, I'd mail you some "Lifesaver" candy just for fun and symbology. (So, if anyone out there reading this DOES have Jean's address, feel free to send her some for me.)
Thanks, friend. : )
You should seriously get a job at one of those crisis hotlines.
Come visit, Jean. There's this diswasher at my restaurant I quite like. He's 28 and tall and lanky and has had his car repossessed recently, but he's so witty and funny and knows magic. Also, he plays the piano every single day. Also, he likes to stand out on the floor with us and play "Let's See Who In This Restaurant Slightly Resembles Someone Famous." It's a fun game. You'd dig him.
Post a Comment