It's time to blog. It's not going to be a great blog, but there's going to be a lot of heart in it. Really.
So where have I been the last couple of weeks? Hibernating, of course. My new philosophy on life is never apologize for a good nap. So I'm not apologizing.
Weekends. I know I've mentioned this before, but this "adult-life" thing I'm trying on really makes the weekends this little gems of bliss. Oh, weekends. Friday nights, I love you. Saturday afternoons? Yes, please. I want to throw a bunch of Saturday afternoons on my bed and roll around on top of them. I want to sniff the carbonated bubbles of Sunday mornings and feel them pop in my face.
I had a good weekend.
I didn't do much--just neglected cleaning the house like I said I would, like I'm doing right now. Instead maybe I'll experiment with how long I can live in my own filth until I develop hepatitis. Instead, I'll continue to ignore that huge student loan check that I thought I'd deferred. I was with Shannon, Lance, and his girl on Friday, Eating good pasta, playing Cranium. (Advice: don't put the clay in the microwave to see if it will de-crystalize. It smells like old people and piss when warm; no longer like lemonade powder.)
I spent the rest of the weekend with the good doctor. Sometimes on the weekends, I like to park myself in his mansion. We saw a movie and made dinner on Saturday night. My souffle wouldn't form peaks, but it still tasted amazing. I sliced my thumb open and the good doctor took his time to patch me up. Sunday was for sleeping in, toast and coffee, outside winter jogs on dirt paths. Imagine how happy we'd all be if all days were for sleeping in and paced jobs on dirt paths. Imagine.
Everyday I watch CSI and wait for winter to be over. Some days this week aren't going to be above ten degrees, but this weekend will warm. But next weekend is for doing the things I've been avoiding. I haven't allowed myself to get into the big job searches. I haven't applied to all of those adjunct positions. It is just now that I realize I should be doing these things; that I need to stop taking these breaks. I realize that there is not any reason that my job should be draining me, as it is not a draining job. Not in that sense that one would want a job to drain them, anyway. In the sense that it sucks life out of my head and leaves a vegetable sitting in my cube. A dry, nasty carrot that has lost all color and flavor.
Coming home and doing nothing doesn't help this. At least I've been doing a lot of reading. I'm even getting to the point where I don't loathe the bus as much as I used to. I read, relax, let myself be driven places.
No comments:
Post a Comment