You don't give a shit about anyone but yourself. Not one single fuck.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

And outside turned yellow.

A couple of weekends ago, the soy fields turned yellow. I used to see acres of green while I drove to school, and now I see squares of yellow, then squares of green, and squares of brown. And it's bright yellow, too. It's like the sun is beaming on the fields all day while everything else is in shadow. It's that orange yellow that only appears at dusk, but is all day.

I get bored too easily.

Today I wrote my first lesson plan calander, meaning I've somewhat planned a lesson for the next month. That's way ahead of time. Tonight I did nothing for no reason. But I did put my clothes away.

This is the time of year when I bitch about the weather the most. The fields are yellow, but the sun is hot and the air is heavy. The fruit flies gather by the sink and scatter like seeds when I drop a dish in. I'm inside all day, but would rather be outside, in sweaters. I want to eat hearty food all day and read inside coffee shops.

Of course, last time I wished for such a thing, a year ago, I lost my job the next week. But now I think of where I am and how I know I'm staying here. And I'm happy here, but I still keep finding that I have that feeling to run--to get on a motorcycle and point it down a road and drive. Will I ever stop feeling this way? Will the fields of soy change color again overnight?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ugh, why couldn't it have been warm out when I visited? Instead I pack all these unseasonable clothes...

Anyhow, I suggest you start wearing scarves anyway. Eventually the weather will take the hint. Plus, scarves make everything better!