You don't give a shit about anyone but yourself. Not one single fuck.

Friday, October 10, 2008

And, Friday, thank you for always being there, right after Thursday. So reliable.

After Mr. O and I give the students their vocabulary quizzes and chapter quizzes every Friday, we have them turn over their papers and draw pictures for us. They draw the pictures when they are done with the quiz--this way, we know which students are done and which students are still working, because sometimes students stare at their answers for seven minutes after they complete the quiz and we don't know if they need more time or not.

Mr. O doesn't like to draw, but I do. So I give the students their drawing assignment--one week it was to draw what they expected of the pep fest, the next week I asked them to draw a picture of their favorite animal playing their favorite instrument--and I draw mine on the board. Today I asked them to draw a picture of what they are planning to do this weekend.

So, after we collect the quizzes, Mr. O and I go through the drawings and make fun of the students. Like, one kid drew himself playing golf with a flag in the hole, and I told the class that Peter was planning on landing on the moon this weekend. One girl drew herself having a PARTY!!! and I announced to the class that Jordan was having a party this weekend and that we were all invited. It looked like some kids were planning on getting in car accidents this weekend, or having gun fights, but their drawings weren't clear.

My drawing, on the white board, looked nearly exactly like this:

I thought it was pretty obvious that I was judging a debate tournament this weekend, but the students asked what is that on the board?! And I said, what do you mean? And they said:

Well, it looks like you have people in buckets or something.

Yeah, another student said. It looks like you have children in pots or something.

I laughed pretty hard at this. I said, yes students. These are my plans this weekend. This weekend I plan to boil children on my stove.

p.s. Chad, please start blogging again.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

You better not be boiling children without me again!

P.S. Thanks for blogging. It made my Friday:)

christina said...

Or dunk them in pumpkin spice lattes, which is what I originally thought you had drawn

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I was just going to see a movie or something but boiling children sounds way better. Thanks Jeano!

P.S. I second the motion for Chad to start blogging again. Chad, if it gets thirded I'm pretty sure you're contractually obligated to blog. I know these things. I'm a lawyer.