Things I resent:
this headache on the left front side of my brain;
myself for going without coffee this morning to see if I could do it;
students who blatantly ignore any instruction and force me to get mean;
myself, for cutting off my hair.
Things with which I am obsessed:
lamps that give yellow light;
candy that must be individually unwrapped;
canisters for the kitchen;
warm tights in clever patterns;
shoes, the cute ones;
falling asleep with my head next to the soft winter-like whir of the heating vent;
spending at least $40 during every shopping trip to Target;
historical documentaries;
the smell of bookstores;
my weight;
winter coats;
vintage fabrics.
5, 15:
the amount of time I should shower each morning, versus the time I do;
the amount of weight I wished I'd gained, the amount of weight I probably have;
the number of times I fart in the office when the office mate is here; the amount of times I fart when she isn't here;
average number of emails I get per day; number of times I check my email.
the number of miles I hope I don't run each week, the number of miles I've set as my running goal for each week;
time to change between classes, how long some students take to change between classes.
3:
the number of miles I've run so far this week, not including today.
8:
the number of "hours" in the school day at Century, including lunch;
the number of times I've thought about farting today;
the number of slices my apple corer cuts my apple into;
approximate number of papers, reflections, assignments I need to write after school today;
approximate time I will get home after school today because of all the work I'm catching up on;
time I will hopefully force myself to go out for a run today;
the number of pills I take each day to either prevent, encourage, enhance, or enduce some sort of action in my body or mind, not including aspirin or ibuprofen.
What I'm teaching today:
Haiku;
paper organization.
What I miss today, what I love today:
you, you;
sleeping in, teaching;
making food with Jenny and Christina and Bevin and Liz, grocery shopping while thinking of the former;
Truman and Bourbon the dogs, thinking of where I'll be in a year, my own pup in tow;
Christina and Jenny's writing, my own writing
the good doctor, the Good Doctor.
What I don't miss:
Harley, the old landlord, who for some reason has called my phone twice--thinking I'm someone else who can "clean his house";
being unemployed;
not being able to turn up the heat for fear of heating bills;
February, any day in that shitty month;
the inevitable disappointment of a workshop with stupid MFAers;
living with the Good Doctor;
my own high school career.
1 comment:
love, love:
the weekend; thinking of upcoming as-yet planned HDs;
fragments, you.
Post a Comment