Red Velvet cake from late August, waiting for that big fat cream cheese frosting cover that hides all the red:
The new specs:
The new specs and the new haircut/color (this picture is way serious, as you can tell--I'm not smiling):
I wish Mike were my bf, especially in see-through white pants at the River Hills JC Penney:
I am much better at piano than Chad is, but don't tell him (and you know Mike and I rock because the "piece" we are playing has cartoon pictures on the top):

Slutty pony, slutty slutty po-ney.
***During 8th hour today, someone lit a garbage can on fire in a boys bathroom, and the World Lit class, Mr. Olson and I hugged the curb while fire trucks drove to the school to make sure all was clear. What adventures!
The vertigo hasn't gone away yet, and in an odd attempt to alleviate my dizziness I took a nearly three hour nap and then went for a three mile run, which turned into a one mile run and a two mile reflection walk. My stomach hurt, and the night was too nice for a run, almost--it warranted one of those walks in the dark, arms up, catching the strong, warm South wind. I didn't run on the busy road tonight, but ran up the dirt road path, between all of the corn. Instead of fearing cars on that path, I worry about creatures jumping from brown rows of corn to steal me in the dark. I think that the light on my ipod is really the light from some alien space ship looking for young runners to take with them to the dark sky. But I can run in the middle of the road. Different path, different fears.
Then, to counter the 400-some calories I'd burned, I came home and made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, poured handfuls of milk chocolate in my hands and shoved it down my gullet, scooped spoonfuls of cookie dough and licked the spoon, my fingers into a sticky mess. And I've burned a new CD tonight, tunes for the students--the top hits of 1942 to set the scene for A Separate Peace, because how else can you really understand Gene if you don't know what songs he's been listening to on his ipod while walking around the Devon campus, while waiting to be drafted into the second world war, fighting those goddamned nazis?
10 comments:
Thank you.
Ha, word verification is "shjohn," which sounds like it could be one of those "clever" names that students are always showing up with.
Christina. We all know which students you're talking about.
THE BLACK ONES WITH BASKETBALL SCHOLARSHIPS
Is the blog a safe home for fake racism?
You said it. I did not. That makes you an ... e-racist. Once again, Jeano, the Internet brings out the worst in you.
Slutty pony! You two are a couple of flirty fillies.
I've missed you in stats class (stats is quite hard, but not impossible) because lately we've been doing biserial correlations, and I have to suppress a giggle every time the professor says "biserial." Really. Who are those correlations fooling? Biserial is just a pit stop on the way to full-on homoserial.
Chad, please. Your liberal bias is showing.
Have you had that student yet? The one who's all like, EVERYONE ON THIS CAMPUS IS A FLAMING LIBERAL AND THEY HAVE AN AGENDA? I got mine yesterday!
Christina. You announce this like you finally got your period.
I'M WEARING A PAD TODAY, CHAD! Are YOU???
I don't know what this exchange is, honestly, but I'm feeling it. Mainly because I say something and then you twist my words and make them all dirty.
Could this be the equivalent of us sittin' in the Highland living room and bullshitting? Is that why I'm so taken with it?
It very well could be.
And yes! I AM wearing a pad today!! Several! Protective pads of the football variety, in fact. I have yet to encounter my Liberal Conspiracy Theorist student, but I've finally met my Snotty Non-Trad Who Bullies The Young Shit-For-Brains Professor. Today's dialogue:
"Delightful Non-Trad 36-year-Old Mullet-Sporting Beer Swilling Divorcee, you're up next to speak."
"Pssssh. Great."
"DN-T36-Y-OM-SBSD, would like to receive time signals for every minute of your speech you use up? You see, DN-T36-Y-OM-SBSD, I've been offering that as a courtesy to students so they don't get docked for going a minute over their time limit."
"No. I DO NOT WANT your time signals. And if give me ANY time signal during my speech, I'm gonna throw my index cards at your DAMN HEAD. How do you like THAT??"
"Sounds awesome. Start your speech."
I suppose he is on to my liberal, homoserial agenda, though. Hence the football pads.
So I'm just going to interrupt things with an observation:
The picture of the cake and the picture of the thumbs-up, sheer-pants wearing dude? You should put these photos together, side by side, in a frame. And from there, I don't know what you could do with them, but it's a start. Maybe then you should take more pictures of food and more pictures of people that look like the food and get some coffeehouse to pay you for hanging these frames up. Although, I'm not so certain you should take more pictures of happy-sheer-pants-wearing dude... but people with the ol' thumbs-up? Definitely.
Oh, MAN--Mike DOES look like the cake! That's way awesome.
Chad: Please start blogging again. That brilliant comment only leaves a tease for the rest of us...and Christina, it IS like the Highland room, isn't it? Except usually the conversation is as such:
JEANO: God, I just really like watching cartoons sometimes.
EVERYONE: YOU ARE A 'TARD.
Post a Comment