On Saturday night was hotel party goodness. The night ended with the circle of death and bad TV. Alongside the night in the hotel: a run to the downtown Target in our pajamas for cheese balls which they did not have, pillow fights with penis-shaped pillows, a trip to the Hollidazzle parade at the Nicollet Mall (my favorite part was the walking lightbulbs, but I argued they should've had sexy legs), champagne, egg nog, vodka, Matt's and burgers at Matt's--ordered alongside a crazy man who called me "Chun-Li," asked for a ciggy, and then was kicked out, a travel around the hotel lobby at night and pictures of Christmas fun-time, a glimpse at the parking garage elevator that was filled with a splashy pool of vomit (I thought the vomit got off on the second floor!), jokes about getting raped by the Bengals, whose entire team was staying at our hotel, a new-formed car band called "3 Idiots in a Car" and with hits such as "I Have Low Self-Esteem," offensive comments toward fat people at the mall of America, and a whole lot of parking garages. It was magic.
On Saturday morning, Jenny and I watched movies. We started on our way to the cities, and out of Hutchinson, we saw the sign. Oh, the sign. KETTLE CORN. So we stopped. And--whatever this Hutchinson celebration was, who knows--but the kettle corn was free. Free. And there was a man dressed as a penguin, and there was a short, fat Santa, and there was free cider. And so we got our goods and headed East. Picked up Darren, stopped for booze, found the mall, and let the night move on.
Again, I like to end when the weekend started. It makes it less sad. Less sad that Jenny was gone when I got home, less sad that I have a long, exhausting week of work ahead of me.
And these are the pictures:










1 comment:
Well, thanks for making me miss you all pretty hard-core. If only I had been there. I would have totally banged the Hilton Employee of the Month.
Post a Comment