The two-hour late start is a cocktease of the snow day.
*
I said this in an email to some of you, but here's what made my day today:
Today I asked my seniors about fang vs. tail, and they were all pissed at me because I was not “serious” about the two-minute debate and that we should do something serious, and then they all got ticked at me for arguing about a tail, and one kid even mocked me (like repeated what I’d said in a sassy voice) and another said “yeah, well if this was a serious question, then maybe we’d think about it.”
And then I said: Yeah, well let me tell you something. I’ve just read a study about “geniuses” and I found that actual IQ has little to do with success in life. The study took the top IQs in the country, and it turned out that intelligence didn’t predict their future success—but you know what did? Their answer to the questions: “Name all the things you can do with a blanket. Name all the things you can do with a brick.” And the creativity of those seemingly lame answers to that seemingly lame question told what kind of people they were and how successful they would be in life.”
And I thought they’d give me some sass back, but they all just looked at me wide-eyed—and in awe—really, like that look that says “she’s really smart and holy shit she’s right” and I realized that I had totally, utterly, and completely SCHOOLED THEM.
2 comments:
Grading a pile of finals, and this made my day. FUCKING SCHOOLED.
YES! SCHOOLED!
Post a Comment