You don't give a shit about anyone but yourself. Not one single fuck.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Night & Day.

Today the seniors and I talked about night and day in Romeo & Juliet.

They realized, of course, that day is when all the bad stuff happens and that night is when all the good stuff happens. And while they were working on a project to help them figure this out, I went ahead and played a Neil Diamond song.

I said: So, listen to this song. I want you to tell me how it relates to the play. It's called "Thank the Lord for the Night time."

And we listened to Neil. And some kids started laughing. And I said: anyone who makes fun of this song can go to the office.

And they said: we weren't making fun of it. We were saying it was awesome.

And I said: that's right. Neil Diamond's the best.

And then I taught them some shit.

No comments: