You don't give a shit about anyone but yourself. Not one single fuck.

Monday, January 4, 2010

Practically summer.

It was -18 when I walked out to my car at 6:45 this morning.

Vacation is over. Teaching is hard. I'm tired. I didn't even teach that much today. We just researched for our speeches. Got our peer review on.

You'd be surprised at the number of kids who want to give 1--3 minute speeches on serial killers. You'd be surprised.

I let one kid get away with it. Last trimester. Wanted to give kids the ultimate chance to express themselves, give speeches on whomever they wanted. Why, how, I don't know. Stupid new-teacher mistake, having no restrictions.

And that's how the phrase belt made of women's nipples was once said at the front of my classroom.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Seriously if I'm really quiet and keep the baby quiet, can I come and hang out in your class while I'm on maternity leave? I am so freaking entertained by all of this!:)