
Because they're gone, right? Do they make Tato Skins anymore? I'm pretty sure they don't, because I went ahead and forgot about them, and I wouldn't have gone ahead and done that if I randomly saw the yellow bags beckoning me from the Cub or Kwik Trip aisles.
I love Tato Skins. Or do I have to say I loved them? Especially the cheddar and bacon. Especially the sour cream and chive. Where are you, Tato Skins? Am I going to have to write a letter to bring you back? Because you better believe I will. You better fucking believe it.
If someone were to have a chip (and single candle) party:

[FILE PHOTO]
You would always be the first chip that was gone. Those Old Home tortilla chips that someone brought without salsa, those Doritos from last Halloween--they don't compare. You, Tato Skins, would be devoured in seconds. Someone, I won't say who, might even steal a bag of you off a table and go eat you in the bathroom so I didn't have to share. So, um, she wouldn't have to share.
You are a good, good chip.
6 comments:
Check check em out:
http://www.amazon.com/Tato-Skins-Cheddar-Bacon-7-Ounce/dp/B000ETZUE8/ref=sr_1_1/103-5603974-7711026?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=grocery&qid=1184621481&sr=1-1
I never see them in stores any more, but I occasionally see them in vending machines, so they DO still make them some where.
Also check out this bake potato a-peal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziPERhXCn68
Oops! Let me make this a little easier since I am a computer geek...
Tato Skins on amazon
YouTube potato A-peal
It is sooo funny that you wrote this. In fact when I pulled up your blog I choked on the bloody mary I'm drinking right now.
Anyway...the reason this is so funny is this: Yesterday as I was waiting for the slow elevator in my apt, I noticed something on the floor near me. Upon closer inspection, it was a tato skin. I cannot confirm whether it was bacon or sour cream, but it WAS a tato skin.
Someone in my apartment building has access to the Tato Skins. I will have to do some investigatin'
Mark--that's awesome. I particularly enjoy the fact that customers who purchase tato skins also purchase Smallville, Season 1 the Muppet Show, season 2, and Chips Ahoy.
And my favorite part of the commercial is when the potato opens up and all the chips sprout, like flowers! ...please tell Jenny not to be mad that I put up the picture of her at the chip party. : )
Shan: If anyone can sniff out who has been eatin' tato skins--it's you! PLEASE: keep me posted.
Sweet fancy moses: I love Tato Skins. I ate them ALL THE TIME. You must keep me abreast of all Tato Skin developments.
...so I can name my classic rock cover band after them. The Tato Skin Developments. Yesssss.
The Mankato Walmart sold Tato Skins. I know this because I got them almost every time I shopped. Mmmmm, Tato Skins.
Of course I realize that you aren't IN Kato anymore, but the fact that Walmarts stock them should raise your spirits.
Post a Comment