You don't give a shit about anyone but yourself. Not one single fuck.

Friday, September 14, 2007

Holy Crap. Feel like crying today?

I'm writing a page on a site about ethical wills, which I'd never heard of until yesterday. These are some examples.

Ethical wills allow you pass on your beliefs, ask for forgiveness. It's like writing your own eulogy and having it read at your funeral. Like the episode of the Simpsons when Homer makes the tape for Maggie (you know, after eating "poisonous fish--do not worry, there is a map to the hospital on the back of the menu") and he's speaking from "beyond the grave---oooooo!"

Even when poorly written, I swear these will make you cry. A lot. In that way where you feel you just have to cry. And if you don't cry while reading it, such as if you're at work like I am, it will hurt your insides until you actually can cry. You might want to write one. Then you think about what your mom's or dad's or best friend's ethical will might say, and just the thought of that will make the room spin.

What an interesting possible exercise for a creative writing class. Playing on emotions in writing, using concrete imagery to form details, creating believable and strong characters.

I never thought law would be so emotionally moving. Dear everyone I love: NEVER DIE. (Until I die first.)

No comments: