You don't give a shit about anyone but yourself. Not one single fuck.

Sunday, October 7, 2007

Marathon Lance.

Today, in the Twin Cities ridiculous heat and humidity, Lance ran a marathon.

I'm so proud of him. Especially because it is October 7th, and it is fucking hot outside.

I know a lot of people who have run marathons now. And, well, they're all pretty neat. And walking around the capital amongst all of those runners--runners crying and sweating in each others' arms, runners whose spouses were stretching out their legs for them as they collapsed on the grass, runners who took gaping hunks out of fresh apples in hunger, runners whose legs wobbled just a bit after the run like newborn fawns--yeah, walking around those runners made me feel pretty lazy. But this isn't about me, it's about Lance, and he's pretty damn awesome. I mean, he ran over 26 miles.

In, like, a row.

I can barely drive 26 miles without getting sick of songs on the radio. I mean, that's almost 5 hours. That's longer than the morning at work before you get to take lunch.

Lance, that's almost 2 Lord of the Rings movies. Longer than the first two Batman movies for sure.

And now, because I've been a lazin' all summer, I'm using you as motivation to get back out there to train for some other sort of race. Because races might hurt, but they make your brain feel good.

Now, come on Lance. Let's go eat a 20 piece McNugget. You know you want to. Come on. I'm buyin'.

1 comment:

MM said...

Awesome, Lance! This heat is ridiculous. Did you know the Chicago Marathon was cut short because of the heat? So it's like triple awesome that he finished the marathon.

You know what tastes great after a run in weather like this? A beer float. No, not root beer float. A beer float (with soy ice cream). Take some dark beer (Guinness works) and throw in some ice cream. Refreshing.