You don't give a shit about anyone but yourself. Not one single fuck.

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Something all of you should know.

So, I took this call at work last week with a lovely attorney who told me that she was a member of AARP. Except I didn't really know what that was, so I asked her. And she said that it was the Amercian Association of Retired Persons.

Except what I seriously heard and wrote in my notes was: American Association of RETARDED Persons.

I'm not kidding. Thank God, I didn't really ask any follow up questions on that. And thank God I googled it. Because saying a lawyer is retarted on her own website just might be the thing that makes your boss fire you. And my reputation at work is pretty shitty right now, and I'm talking lowest of the low. I shouldn't go around claiming people are retarded when instead they are just old.

Although the search marketing guy on the line piped up and said that he "was also a member." Unfortunately, this only concluded the fact that I thought the lawyer had said "retarded" because this guy is one of the most retarded people I have ever met in my life.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Okay for real I just snorted out loud at work. And why did I snort? Because I know which SEM you are talking about.

LOVE IT DUDE. :)

Jess said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

That's possibly the best thing I've heard all week, Jean. Seriously.