Christina, I said, this just isn't fair. And I know what this is. The other day I was like: I just want cool weather. I just want it to be chilly and fall and wonderful. And what? In return for this, the sacrifice I have to make is I lose my job?
So, in turn for finally getting the weather I wanted today, the higher forces took my job. The life gods are like, that'll cost you. That'll cost you your no-longer-current job. Now you're unemployed. (Now you make exactly zero dollars a week, and since you have no real reason to understand why this is, you will assume it's because you asked for something and something else had to be taken away.)
This is what life is giving you right now. This is what you get.
Thanks to all of you I talked to today. Today would be impossible without all of my amazing friends. If you know of any job openings, well. You know.
Now time for some Lean Pockets. Pepperoni. One snack at a time. (I have to be honest with you, in spite of all the comforting words from my friends right now, it's pretty easy to feel like a useless loser. I was really wanting a car to hit me after my just-lost-my-job run so I could get a decent lawsuit on my hands.)
3 comments:
I'm so sorry.
But you know what? Now you can focus on that business plan for the cafe/sandwich shop/bookstore! I'd work for you!
But in the meantime, go for a refreshing run and then go to the Baker's Wife and get a cookie or two. They have really good cookies. I used to walk there and buy a couple. And by "couple" I mean ten.
Oh, Jean. I'm sorry.
Here's a good plan:
1. Put on some sweatpants.
2. Mix yourself a Chalibu (Malibu Rum/Wild Cherry Pepsi)
3. Guzzle
4. Repeat
Then bake cookies when drunk. Ever done that? It's fabulous. Dough never tasted so good.
Jean:
What happened?!
Call when you get a chance. I'm really sorry about that.
Post a Comment