You don't give a shit about anyone but yourself. Not one single fuck.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Jeano is going back to school.

Just thought you all should know. Please come visit me as I drive once again, for the 8th year, through the rolling hills of Southern Minnesota. Although this time it's just for a year, and I'm getting a degree that will almost guarantee me work that I will enjoy.

Life is such a mess. I keep having to do the harder things. Let's hope that near-promise of an acceptance letter comes in the mail, instead of just more air up my ass.

And I will keep asking myself this, as I take more loans out: If the world ends in a couple of months, do I want to find myself in debt at this dead-end job, or do I want to be doing something I'm enjoying, and growing as a person. I'd like to growing instead of dying when the balls of fire rain down. And then, I won't have to pay the loans off!

Also, in Rochester I will hopefully find myself rooming with a resident doctor at Mayo. A male, attractive almost-doctor who still feels like he has something to prove.

I hate you, University of Minnesota. You have made this last month of my life a living hell. For the first time tonight, I will sleep for real. And I will wake up, finally, without just hope but guarantees in my life. Fucking A.

Sometimes, God gives you plan B because it's the better option and you don't know it yet. Give it up for plan B.

3 comments:

Shan said...

Does this mean you'll be spending weekends or Thursday night at my house again just like old times?

Good luck with your plan B. I think it could be a great move!

christina said...

Jeano:

Come to my house. We will pet a dog and eat Panera and there is a huge library used book sale this weekend, if we feel like getting dressed. Or we could just watch an SVU marathon.

MM said...

Yay Plan B (school?)!
But watch out for those "almost-doctors."