Well, happy five in the morning, everyone. My New York Times hasn't even been delivered to my inbox this morning, and I'm pretty awake. Like, I'm tired, but here I am. What the hell. I'm not even blogging to write about a bad dream and put it into pictures. I've just been rolling over like a dying dog all night, waiting for the sleep to come.
This is my fault. I've been prescribed sleeping pills, delicious, delicious sleeping pills. And last night, I forgot to take one. Stupid.
In less than a month, school starts. I will go to Crochester on weekends, spendin' all my gas monies for three weeks, and then at the beginning of June, I will go to Crochester to live and take classes all summer. Feel free to be jealous. Ha-ha! While you are at work, I'll be spending eight to four in a classroom learning about Adolescent Learning Habits!
James, the wonderful James, will be renting me a room in his house. His house on six acres of land, with a stream in the back. (Unfortunately, no horses, like the horsefarm. Maybe I'll just have a horse follow me home one day and I'll tell James we have to keep it.) I've offered to mow the lawn, but he says he also enjoys mowing the lawn. This leads to only one conclusion. Lawnmower races. Or: we hire bear lawnmower to do it, as that is only fair.
Bear lawnmower. You are so old school. And you charge too much and leave dead-grass piss circles on the lawn. You are one bear who does not poop in the woods. "Just fertilizin'," you say. "Can a bear get some privacy? Yeesh!"I've officially registered myself for the Get in Gear 10K, which according to the ridiclous counter on top of the website (Christina: Web Site) will be happening in 10 days, 3 hours, 55 minutes, and 9 seconds. (Um, boy. I can't wait. Maybe I'll just watch that counter for 10 days straight.) Also, their logo looks oddly like something from Nicklodeon, so if SpongeBob isn't there when I cross the finish line, I'm gonna be sort of pissed.
Hm. Obviously I'm a little bitter about this 10K. Mostly because I don't think I'm ready for it, even though I've kicked up the training a bit (read: went on two runs on consecutive (!) days around Nokomis (the whole lake!) with very little walking. Lake Nokomis is probably about 3 or 4 miles (from my house plus the lake) whereas the race is 6.2. Last week there was little to no training, as it was fucking cold outside. Marathon Lance and the Good Doctor are running it with me, so I'll obviously get left in the dust to secretly walk (through the drive thru of a Burger King that's on the route).
Oh well. My running has been horrible lately, and I've gained a couple of pounds 'round the midsection, so I might as well just jump into this face first. A warning that I might die, and I love you all.
This weekend brings Green Bay! Pedicures and picnics and Guitar Hero, oh my! Authentic Mexican food and frozen strawberry margaritas! Bring on the awesome.
I think I've worked up the energy to go back to bed for a couple of hours. But, I'm up...so maybe I should go ahead and get one of these:

Shannon! Where are you?! Let's go. I--I'm buyin'. That'll do 'er.
*of going to work when it's nice outside.
3 comments:
Hey, if you're going to GB this weekend, you might be interested in this: http://www.focol.org/bookfest/
I'm going to Appleton to visit my sister, but I might check this out. Maybe.
Jeano: Web site.
No no...I got it. I said I got it!
And we'll have to stop and pick up a border fry for the lady.
Hey are you doing the AIDS Walk with me?
Post a Comment