You don't give a shit about anyone but yourself. Not one single fuck.

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Would YOU give this bitch a book?




Me too! Me too.
I've just been so excited for you all day, kid. I know it seems silly, but this seems like such a victory for all of us. Like a huge confirmation that the waiting game pays off, that there are a few things out there that are right, and that people who work hard--combined with being awesome!--get what they deserve.
And for being awesome, you get an embarrassing blog. It's a small price to pay.
And imagine we're sitting in the Highland backyard, it's warm, and we're around a fire. Truman is in your lap. Then you run into the kitchen and ask "who needs a beer while I'm up" and while you're inside you catch us all around the orange flame through the kitchen window and hear our voices just as clearly as you did when you were outside. And you know--we're all so damn proud of you, and it feels so good to celebrate.
Now hurry up back outside and bring me my cold beer.

1 comment:

MM said...

Such great news!
Now on to more pressing matters: I vote 1, 3, or 6 for author photo (although, if there's ever A Very Special Holiday Collection, then picture 9).