You don't give a shit about anyone but yourself. Not one single fuck.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Quick-like.

I'm sorry I've been gone (Kristin)!

I have lots of things to say about students, and lots to write about this last month of school, but there is no time. I went to the doctor today and she said that the fact that my whole life seems foggy, that sometimes I don't remember what I did the day before, or the hour before--it's all side effects to way too much stress.

Have I mentioned that I ache, ache, ache for June?

*

I had dinner with my family--all of us--for mother's day. It was more a celebration that Craig had come with. He said fuck a lot, and loud enough to get looks from the families around us. He told a story about a tragic fight in St. Michael, and here's what I got from it:

yeah, they made that guy on the news look like he was a goddamned saint, saying he was going to graduate school, that he was gonna be a pilot and shit. ...No, he ain't dead, but he's a vegetable [breathy chuckle] yeah, they say if he wakes up he's not going to be all there, can't move his legs, never be as smart again, half of his brain workin'...

Two guys that Craig knows (friends of friends I guess) were in a fight with this vegetable guy. This guy started the fight, the fight was over a girl. I don't know whose girl. I know that the two guys walked into the bar where the man was, and the man started shit, and that shit got brought outside, and then one of the guys that Craig knows threw a punch at this guy--just one punch to his head but it was a big enough punch to almost kill him--he fell back, and he hit his head on the sidewalk. ... yeah people who were there said his skull hitting the pavement sounded like a fucking pumpkin getting smashed.

This made me physically sick. All of it. The pumpkin the vegetable the one punch to the face the fact that Craig could give someone one punch to the face if he was drunk enough or mad enough about it and then he would go to prison for 20 years just like that guy did for first-degree assault over a girl with a man who wanted to be a pilot at a bar and that bar's sidewalk.

Oh, yes. This makes me anxious and annoyed that mi familia just talks about it like they talk about it. Like when Gregor's family just acknowledges that he's a bug but nobody is like WHAT THE FUCK HE IS A BUG HOW DID THAT HAPPEN.

[crazy shift in tone here]

Funny comment of the day:

A student is on crutches, new injury this weekend. Another student asked: hey J, why are you on crutches?

And after he said my dad beat me up and I said, J, you shouldn't say that unless it's something you want to talk about with me privately because there really is a problem, he said, sorry, my dad didn't beat me.

It's just that Jesus took the power in my legs away.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

THANKS:)

It is almost June. Almost, almost ALMOST June! You can make it - I know you can! Then we'll spend a day lazing around somewhere, eating something we should't.

Jesus also affects my co-workers, taking the power in their brains away:) LOVE IT.

And my verification word is like a totally kick-ass name: Matisha.

Liz said...

This student needs to be 32 so I can fall in love with him. Tell him to hurry up and age.

Oh, June. Just have to make it a little longer.

Word ver: Oreast. I betcha a bunch of teenagers giggle at this.

Liz said...

Also, excellent segue into Metamorphosis. I'll have you know I did NOT giggle at that like a teenager; I smiled wryly because I am a grown-up.

Kristin said...

Liz, I giggled:)

Word ver: undrav - and of course I just thought of "underwear" when I saw this. I apparently AM a teenager.